|
1. Laurell has always been fascinated with the darker side of things. Staying up late, alone, as a child to catch the Creature Feature on television. 2. When Laurell was 13, she discover a short story collection titled "Pigeons from Hell". "It was the first heroic fantasy I'd read. It was fights, swords, monsters I decided not only did I want to become a writer, it was this I wanted to write". She chanced upon another book in the high school library "The Natural History of the Vampire". She read it so many times she nearly memorized it. When it's suggested that her choice of creepy films and stories were unseemly when her friends' companions were dolls: "I wasn't like most girls" she said. 3. Laurell does not shy away from sex or violence in her books. "I was a kiss to be so believable it give the reader shivers. Two things I do well are sex and violence, but I don't want gratuitous sex or violence. The sex and violence is only as graphic as need be. And never included unless it furthers the plot, world building or character development. Everyone [in the book] has someone to lust after, but Anita is like me. She doesn't see herself as a lust object.". 4. A question that gets asked a lot is "What is Laurell really like?" Hmmmm.... She is not Anita, though you can see bits of Anita in her. She is the truly the warm, generous, friendly person you see at cons and signings. I am blessed by her continuing friendship. 5. Before her writing career kept her so busy she volunteered at an animal shelter. Not as a keeper but as a person who went out and shared time and love with unwanted pets. Unfortunately, she had to drop that from her busy schedule. She says that all work and no play makes the writer grumpy. But I have never seen her act that way. 6. She writes as fast as she can manage. And that brings up the topic of publication dates. Laurell does not set these, the publisher does. It is a complicated formula of length of time from last book by author, other authors who are publishing something, printer schedules and multiple bookhouses juggling. Laurell has little control over the when. 7. I know she wishes she could answer each fan mail herself. But if she did that we would get no books! She gets a lot of mail. And for those wondering, Laurell is a self admitted technophobe (read the computer confuses her), though she is learning to use the email with help from her friends. 8. The awe she generates often confuses her. She sees herself as an ordinary person, nothing special. 9. She writes because to not write even for her own enjoyment would be like not breathing. It is just something she has to do. Thankfully she is willing to share that wonderful talent with us all. 10. She lives in St. Louis County Missouri with her husband Jonathon Green, daughter, two pug dogs and one boxer/pug dog. 11. Laurell K. Hamilton is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of two series that mix mystery, fantasy, magic, horror and romance. Her Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels from Berkley Books began with GUILTY PLEASURES (now a hugely successful graphic novel from Marvel - the first sexy paranormal comic ever!) and continues with the BLOOD NOIR , number sixteen in the series, in which Anita's complex personal and professional relationships with a master vampire and an alpha werewolf continue to evolve. 12. There are now more than 6 million copies of Anita in print worldwide, in 16 languages. Hamilton's Ballantine series features Fey princess and private investigator, Merry Gentry and there are now five novels exceeding one million copies in print. A LICK OF FROST, the sixth in the series debuted October 23, 2007. 13. She invites you to visit her website, her message board, her blog and her MySpace. |
About Me
- Phoebe Jordan
- Love to read romance novels of all types of genres and review them for fun. 🥰
Blog Archive
- 2015 (4)
- 2014 (5)
- 2012 (2)
- 2011 (4)
- 2010 (76)
- 2009 (258)
-
2008
(403)
- December(15)
- November(37)
- October(33)
- September(50)
- August(37)
- July(42)
-
June(28)
- Secrets
- Meeting Diana Holquist!
- Diana Castilleja (My Guest Blogger)
- Linda Mooney (My Guest Blogger)
- Thursday Thirteen - 7th Edition
- My Interview with Jessica Andersen
- The Corset Diaries
- Devil's Duology Series
- The Painted Veil
- Fairest of Them All
- Playing Easy to Get
- Thursday Thirteen - 6th Edition
- Saint Georges Series
- Come Love a Stranger
- Irish Trilogy Series
- The Captive Hearts Series
- Thursday Thirteen - 5th Edition
- The Sleeping Beauty Proposal
- Yours Until Dawn
- The Devil's Love
- Blood Noir
- Georgia on His Mind
- His Only Wife
- Thursday Thirteen - 4th Edition
- The Marriage Recipe
- Firehouse 59 Series
- Dallas Duet Series
- Laura Marie Altom
- May(27)
- April(29)
- March(34)
- February(35)
- January(36)
Romance Books
Romance Authors
Labels
Total Pageviews
Featured Post
Fifty Shades of Grey Movie
Fifty Shades of Grey Movie Poster It was more than year ago that we had heard rumors that there would be a Fifty Shades of Grey movie com...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(403)
-
▼
June
(28)
- Secrets
- Meeting Diana Holquist!
- Diana Castilleja (My Guest Blogger)
- Linda Mooney (My Guest Blogger)
- Thursday Thirteen - 7th Edition
- My Interview with Jessica Andersen
- The Corset Diaries
- Devil's Duology Series
- The Painted Veil
- Fairest of Them All
- Playing Easy to Get
- Thursday Thirteen - 6th Edition
- Saint Georges Series
- Come Love a Stranger
- Irish Trilogy Series
- The Captive Hearts Series
- Thursday Thirteen - 5th Edition
- The Sleeping Beauty Proposal
- Yours Until Dawn
- The Devil's Love
- Blood Noir
- Georgia on His Mind
- His Only Wife
- Thursday Thirteen - 4th Edition
- The Marriage Recipe
- Firehouse 59 Series
- Dallas Duet Series
- Laura Marie Altom
-
▼
June
(28)
My Favorite Quotes
2018 Reading Challenge
My Loyal Readers
I'm Currently Reading...
To Be Read Pile
LOL! Pictures
Guys I Dream About
TAMFA Podcast
Popular Posts
-
Well you may or may not remember but last year 4 of Nora Roberts novels became Lifetime original movies ( Angels Fall , Blue Smoke , Carolin...
-
It's been a year since I officially posted a blog here. I got a full-time job in an office last April 2011 and it really took all my at...
-
New Romance Author Interview Podcasts with Phoebe Jordan on BlogTalkRadio Today I have an RT BOOKlovers Convention special show for y...
-
Today is a special day here on Talk About My Favorite Authors because I’ll be hosting day 4 of the Ravenous Romance Ornery Eleven Book Blog...
-
Well today I have a special treat for everyone of my faithful readers out there. I have recently been contact with an author that I've r...
-
Today I will be interviewing a newly self-published author who I found through MySpace. April Bostic is the author of a romance novel calle...
-
Well I'm not reviewing a book today but I will be reviewing the movie that was based on a very popular book. As you guessed it by readin...
-
Perfect Touch by Elizabeth Lowell Title: Perfect Touch Author: Elizabeth Lowell Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Publication Dat...
-
15" MacBook Pro Well it has been almost about 2 months since I bought my 15" MacBook Pro and I have to say that though it...
-
Today I have a wonderfully special guest being interviewed here on the blog today. Lori Perkins, the co-founder of Ravenous Romance talks ab...
Blogs of Interest
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-













Nice list. You always do such a wonderful job showcasing authors. Happy T13
ReplyDeleteNina
I really liked the first Anita Blake book, but then after that... not so much. I suppose I ought to try the Meredith Gentry series. One of these days...
ReplyDeleteI love LKH. Anita Blake or Meredith Gentry.
ReplyDeleteGreat list.
I confess I've never read any of these. I guess I should, huh? Happy T13!
ReplyDeleteInteresting facts! I've never read her books, but I'll have to check them out!
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Paige
My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/
I love Ms. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. :) Great TT!
ReplyDeleteDuh!! Me never read any of the books...now that you have enlightened me, I'll surely pick some stuffs from her...
ReplyDeleteHappy TT!
Great post about a great author!!
ReplyDeleteHappy TT!
It's really fun to learn more about the authors. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
ReplyDeleteHappy TT
I think I might have heard of her before. I don't think I've read any of her books, though.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely loved the first... 8 or so Anita Blake books and the first 3 Merry Gentry books. Now I don't buy them anymore.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I've heard a lot about LKH, but have never actually read anything by her. Not to fear, though - she is one of three authors featured in an anthology I have coming. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI've read most of the Anita Blake series apart from the last couple. For some reason I didn't enjoy the Merry Gentry books as much.
ReplyDeleteShe sounds like my kind of author. I will have to check her out:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteI will have to check her out. She is my kind of girl. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)
ReplyDeleteI have all her Anita Blake books, but I really liked her first five better than the last three. I just bought her last one blood noir. I hope it's good.
ReplyDeleteI also have her short story collection that I'm currently reading strange candy, I'm half way done and like it very much.
Janice~
oh wow, well i never knew any of these things......
ReplyDelete